Saturday, February 10, 2024

Now Watch This

 

Blessed be the LORD,
for He has wondrously shown
   His steadfast love to me,
when I was in a besieged city.
I said in my alarm,
  "I am cut off from Your sight."
But You heard the voice
   of my pleas for mercy
when I cried to You for help.

             Psalm 31. 21-22

(Despair comes in all kinds
    of packages
    and unexpected situations.
But we are not cut off
   from His sight nor His might.
God hears.  God sees.
          God responds.
God specializes in
   those impossible situations
   when we are hemmed in
         on all sides by distress,
and it doesn't look like
    it is going to end well.
But we are not alone after all.
God brings His strength to us
     and His victory to it
in incredible ways
  when we are faithful to Him.
The ancient Hebrew says,
  "He has made marvelous
      His lovingkindness to me."
And God whispers,
            "Now watch this.")

O LORD,
It feels like we are besieged
       by this situation,
surrounded on all sides.
But the reality is that
   You are the one
    who surrounds us on all sides.
You are our refuge
    and send us forth strengthened.
Help us to turn to You
    and know You are with us.
And to realize
      we cannot do this by ourselves.
We need You.
Grant to us the courage
    to walk with You in this.
Order our thoughts.
Equip our souls.
Align our hearts with Yours.
Cover us by Your shield.
Let not fear
    --real or imagined--
             trip us up.
But to trust You
             even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.