Friday, September 29, 2023

Thinking Differently

 

For My thoughts
      are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways
      My ways,
          declares the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher
     than the earth,
so are My ways higher
          than your ways
and My thoughts
       than your thoughts.

              Isaiah 55. 8-9

(Has it occurred to me
that God thinks very differently
     about this situation?
God has far deeper purposes,
   far beyond what
           I can possibly comprehend,
   way more profound
      than I can imagine or control.
Some things I may
            not ever understand,
because God is God
                 and I am not.
God's goodness and love are
  far greater than I can grasp.)

O LORD,
We may not understand Your ways
     or what You are doing,
but we can trust You
          and be faithful.
There is more to this situation
    than we will ever be aware.
Help us to walk with You
         in it and through it.
Hold us in the palm of Your hand.
We witness Your glory
      even in the incomprehensible,
we know Your deep love
     even in the really hard stuff.
Reveal to us
              Your way in this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.