Monday, September 11, 2023

Not just on our coins

 

When I am afraid,
    I put my trust in You.
In God,
   whose word I praise,
              in God I trust;
  I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?

              Psalm 56. 3-4

(Not "Oh, there's nothing to be afraid of,"
    but "Trust Me in this."
May fear be instead our trigger
   to trust God even more.
Not just written on our coins,
      but engraved on our hearts,
                   in God I trust.)

O LORD,
Help us to stake our lives
on Your promise,
     Do not fear. I am with you.
May Your Presence
    not just cover us
but give us the courage
    and strength
in unexpected places.
Help us to be a witness
   by walking with You.
Let trust in You
             be our banner.
Oh, the places we'll go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.