Monday, May 30, 2022

It may be that the LORD
will look on the wrong
             done to me,
and that the LORD
will repay me with good
    for his cursing today.

            2 Samuel 16. 12

(How do I respond differently
    because I am a believer?
God never promises
   that our way will be easy,
but "Do not fear. I am with you."
How does that change
           what I do
from reaction to response?
Do I believe that God redeems?
That shows in
    how I respond with grace
               toward others.
Grace is always
      an unexpected ambush,
catching others by surprise
   by loving them anyway.)

O LORD,
Abide in us
that we may respond with good
    even in the broken places
    and among the desperate.
Help us to see others
     with the grace and love
     how You see us.
Grant us the courage
   to respond differently
   because we know You.
Do not just redeem for our sake,
       but for Your glory.
Even in this situation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.