Sunday, December 12, 2021

 

I do not occupy myself
with things too great
and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed
      and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child
     with its mother,
like a weaned child
   is my soul within me.

             Psalm 131. 1-2

(Even as adults,
there are times when we
just want to cry out
in the darkness, "Mommy!"
One of our girls once said
upon waking from a bad dream,
"If I only knew you were here,
I would not have been afraid."
We are with You, O LORD.
We need not
        understand everything
   or anything
other than You love and
        care for us
and You are with us in this.
We need not be afraid,
no matter what is
     swirling around,
both real and imagined.)

O LORD,
We use up all available energy
  by worrying,
instead of being energized
       by trusting You.
Help us to hear Your voice,
sense Your Presence,
feel Your embrace,
take Your hand
rest in You,
           and respond.
We need You.
Help us to abide in You.
May we not be oblivious
      to circumstances,
but responsive to You.
"In quietness and in trust
  shall be our strength."
             (Isaiah 30. 15)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.