Monday, December 6, 2021

 

Grace, mercy and peace
   will be with us,
from God the Father
and from Jesus Christ
      the Father's Son,
in truth and love.

           2 John 1. 3

(How am I to navigate
   this volatile situation?
How do I even approach
   this daily grind?
Depends on what
   I bring into it.
What is in my heart?
Grace, mercy and peace
   will be with us.
Not just for us,
but through us to others.
What am I bringing today
in whatever I do,
wherever I am,
and among whomever
       I encounter?
All are divine appointments
   and opportunities
   to practice grace in this.
What should I do today?
Love others
  with every tool given to me:
    grace, mercy and peace.)

O LORD,
May we not just put on
   Your grace, mercy and peace
not like an outer garment,
not just practice it,
but be overtaken
   by Your provision
that we cannot help
  but extend it to others.
Even in the midst of
   trouble, hardship
   and despair,
may we know You more
and make You known.
May we, as Your people,
  be not just seen as nice,
but gracious, merciful
  and bearers of Your peace,
even in brokenness
       and dark places.
Even in situations we
           don't understand,
may Your Presence in us
   be seamlessly woven.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.