Thursday, August 4, 2022

 

The LORD is my light
          and my salvation;
   whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the
          stronghold of my life;
   of whom shall I be afraid?

                Psalm 27. 1

(Years ago, one of our young daughters
woke up in the night.  I was at her side.
She said to me, "If I knew you were here,
         I would not have been afraid."
How differently would we
       navigate these waters,
       hike through the wilderness,
       face what is difficult
                 or unknown to us?
What if there was nothing
         to be afraid of?
What if I took God at His word,
         "Trust Me in this?"
in the crises
and even on the most common of days,
   which are never really ordinary.
God grants us His strength.
Fear just deflates all our tires.)

O LORD,
You are with us.
Help us to know that
    and trust You
in the details of our days,
even in the hard stuff
   when we have no idea
   what to do.
You have a stronghold
               on our lives.
May we never forget that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.