Sunday, September 12, 2021

 

When I am afraid,
   I put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise,
        in God I trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?

               Psalm 56. 3-4

(How many of our decisions
are done out of fear
   instead of trusting God?
In God I trust is meant to be
not just imprinted on our coins
   but on our hearts.
In God I trust radically changes
what we see, what we do,
how we approach and navigate,
     and what we pursue,
not out of fear but in love
   and trusting the Almighty.)

O LORD,
May we trust You more.
May we listen and follow You,
trusting You one step
       and then the next.
Guide us on Your paths.
Help us to respond
            to what is real
and not be distracted
   by our broken imagination.
Help us to not waste
      our energy worrying
but build our strength
     by trusting You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.