Friday, September 3, 2021

 

Sing praises to God,
    sing praises!
For God is the King
   of all the earth.

          Psalm 47. 6-7

(What am I listening to?
What am I humming?
What songs are
    stuck in my head
    on automatic repeat?
Songs of grumbling
and complaining
and dissatisfaction?
Singing praises to God
doesn't just make us feel good
but actually physically
      changes our brains
      and ultimately our hearts.
We can change
    the station we
    are influenced by.
Praise sees differently
and looks differently
altering how we live,
choices we make,
how we respond,
how we love God
     and love others.
How can I approach this day
   and even this difficulty
with praise to God
   in my heart and words?
What song
    am I singing today?
What new song
    am I composing?)

O LORD,
May we sing out loud
the song that never ends,
the song of Your steadfast love
and joy in unexpected places.
May our lives
    be radically different
even in what we sing.
May we be aware
that others are listening
   to what we praise
and the songs of our heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.