Sunday, June 20, 2021

On the day I called,
You answered me;
my strength of soul
     You increased...
Though I walk in the
   midst of trouble,
You preserve my life...
The LORD will fulfill
   His purpose for me;
Your steadfast love,
           O LORD,
   endures forever.

    Psalm 138. 3, 7-8

(Even in the act of
   calling on the LORD,
He increases our strength
because we have
         turned to Him.
Seeking Him
and not just an answer
or a solution
or a way out of struggle,
      but God Himself.
The LORD is fulfilling
  my life
  and His purposes,
       present tense,
even in what we
  cannot yet see.
Not just way in the future,
not just eventually,
   but in the now,
   right in the midst,
     even in trouble.
If it were easy,
   would we seek Him?
He does not just
come to us
    in our time of need,
but reminds us,
     "I am with you.")

O LORD,
Your strength far exceeds
anything we can imagine.
Your strength takes us
  not necessarily
         away from trouble,
but right through it,
leaving in its wake
a witness of Your power.
Help us to approach
  our troubles and
     our struggles
differently
because we know You.
You are leading us
into a deeper intimacy
            with You.
Even in this,
be glorified, O LORD.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.