Sunday, June 13, 2021

 

And they said to him,
"If you will be a servant
to this people today
and serve them,
and speak good words
to them
when you answer them,
then they will be
your servants forever."

          1 Kings 12. 7

(Am I responding
  or am I reacting?
I cannot change others
but I can change myself.
The outcome
is not based on their action,
but my response.
What is my heart in this?
In this situation,
kindness in words and deed
would have changed
the course of history.
It still does.)

O LORD,
Help us to not react
   to circumstances,
but respond to You.
To love You,
be loved by You,
and act that way.
Fill us with
boatloads of grace,
knowing that love
and kindness
are unexpected
       in this world
and always point others
            to You.
Being nice is easy,
being kind
      takes awareness,
giving grace
   always brings Your glory.
Make us aware,
            O LORD,
of loving others
even in the unexpected
and among the
          most unlikely.
Even right now.
Even in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.