Saturday, June 5, 2021

But Peter said,
"I have no silver and gold,
but what I do have
     I give to you.
In the name of
Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
     rise up and walk."

             Acts 3. 6

(Not dwelling on what
I do not have
or who I am not,
but faithful to God
in what I do have
and of what I am able,
even if I never
     see the outcome.
God bears perennial fruit
far beyond our lifetimes,
our eyesight,
our skill set,
and our obedience.
It is not in me,
            but God.)

O LORD,
Help us to be faithful
in responding to You,
not reacting to
        circumstances,
but seeking You in it.
You place each of us
in unexpected places
and among the
   most unlikely people,
to bring Your name,
Your amazing grace,
Your steadfast love,
and Your glory
    right where we are.
May we be faithful to You
in whatever or whomever
You place on our hearts,
      or on our path,
even in the hard stuff,
even in what we
      do not understand.
You are working still,
even beyond our
    field of vision.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.