Tuesday, June 2, 2020

In my distress
I called to the LORD,
and He answered me.

              Psalm 120. 1

(Easy to call out for help,
but am I willing to listen
to what He has to say?
God never promised
that there would not be
     tough stuff in this life,
but "I am with you."
We live in a broken world,
not the way it is
         supposed to be,
and He has put us here
  to restore it and
         bring Him glory.
We live in a world
         of pain and suffering.
Why is God not doing
            something about it?
And He asks,
    "Why do you think
          I put you there?")

O LORD,
Not if,
         but when,
we find ourselves
neck deep in despair,
distress,
    and swirling muddy waters,
please help us
       not just to call out to You,
but to listen to what You say,
    hold tight to You,
and not just dwell
                in the miry bog.
You never intended
   for us to camp out there.
Help us to know You more
       even through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.