Sunday, May 31, 2020

I rise before dawn
         and cry for help;
I hope in Your words.
My eyes are awake
   before the watches
               of the night,
that I may meditate
        on Your promise.

      Psalm 119. 147-148

(Starting the day,
seeping into the moments,
unfolding during the hours,
not just awake,
       but aware of His Presence.
God reveals Himself
    in those quiet moments,
whether the break of day,
     the middle of the night,
     or the midst of the storm.
Am I listening,
or telling Him what to do,
     how to do it,
     when to have it done?
Do I realize
  these immensely sacred moments
or just try to block out
                His Voice?)

O LORD,
We miss out on so much.
We miss out on
                         You.
Be not just prominent
              in our lives,
    or a priority in what we do,
but help us to live
    fully in Your preeminence.
We come before You,
we cry for help,
we hope in You.
And that changes everything.
Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.