Friday, June 5, 2020

No, but I will buy it from you
          for a price.
I will not offer burnt offerings
to the LORD my God
that cost me nothing.

              2 Samuel 24. 24

(Not works or sacrifices,
nor earning His favor,
or "look what I am doing for God,"
but a deep expression of
              love for Him.
What am I bringing before God today?
          My heart.
This unlikely threshing floor
that David bought
               to bring his sacrifice,
eventually became the site
      of the temple in Jerusalem.
God never works
             in singular outcomes.
Our offerings to God
--in whatever form that may be--
never cease to
              bring Him glory.)

O LORD,
We pray Your glory
all over this day
as You guide us into it
and through it,
Your Presence
       seamlessly woven,
even in what we are unaware,
even in what
        will outlast us.
Please help us
      to bring Your Name
to this situation,
to this place,
to this relationship.
There are a lot of things
       we cannot do,
but what we can,
     we give to You
by loving You
and loving others well
   every which way we can,
for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.