Saturday, June 20, 2020

On the day I called,
You answered me;
my strength of soul
         You increased.

           Psalm 138. 8

(God always responds 
    to our cries,
sometimes in the unexpected,
always beyond
    what we can comprehend.
God strengthens us
      for what is now,
            for what is not,
       for what is yet.
His strengthening transcends 
   any “answer”
         when we seek Him.
When I seek just 
     a particular answer,
       I am the one who misses out
                     on His glory in it.)

O LORD,
We seek You
       in this,
we seek Your strength.
We pray Your fulfilling
       Your profound purposes
in the big stuff of our lives
which may be in this errand,
this chore,
this seemingly mundane detail,
a simple kindness,
a life altering conversation.
Help us to be faithful to You.
You do not just fill our days.
         You fulfill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.