Tuesday, June 30, 2020

But I do not account my life
of any value
nor as precious to myself,
if only I may finish my course
and the ministry
   that I received
   from the Lord Jesus,
to testify to the gospel
   of the grace of God.

              Acts 20. 24

(What is foremost
         in our lives?
To be faithful to God
in whatever ministry
   He places us before us,
   He places us in,
to bring His name
   and the gospel there,
even in what
    we don't consider
    as "ministry."
When I was a little girl,
there was a sign posted
over the exit door
         of the church,
"You are now entering
      your mission field.")

O LORD,
Wherever You send us today,
among whomever,
    even the rebellious,
    even the uncomfortable,
    even places and people
       we would not have chosen,
help us to be faithful to You,
to be salt and light
     and encouragement to
    everyone around us.
Use us this day
    for Your kingdom
    and for Your glory.
Please help us
   to hold fast to You,
no matter the circumstances,
no matter what we cannot
            yet see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.