Friday, March 13, 2020

When I am afraid,
I put my trust in You.
In God,
   whose Word I praise,
in God I trust.
I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?

                  Psalm 56. 3-4

(The entire Bible talks
      a lot about fear.
And even more
      about "Do not fear."
In the Psalms,
foes or enemies
    are whatever we fear,
    both real and imagined.
In the Psalms
and elsewhere in the Bible,
the antidote to fear
           is trusting God.
Do not live
     as if God is not.
Living, acting, responding
   out of trusting God
             not enslaved by fear,
will not necessarily
      change the circumstances,
but alters the outcome
                  and the journey.
Walking with God through this,
we will navigate differently
in a way that changes our hearts
and directly impacts
        everyone around us.)

O LORD,
You have engraved on our hearts
       "In God I trust."
May Your glory shine forth
   in these dark times.
May our lives look very differently
   because we know You.
In fearful places,
lives changed by God
         become very evident.
Please help us
to prepare Your way
        in the lives of others
by living without fear
    and loving them to You.
People without You
watch us continually
      with desperate hearts
to know that You are real.
You have strategically placed us
     for Your goodness,
     the gospel,
             and Your glory in this.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.