Monday, March 16, 2020

O my Strength,
I will watch for You,
for You,
         O God,
are my fortress.
My God
in His steadfast love
          will meet me.
God will let me look
   in triumph
   on my enemies.

             Psalm 59. 9-10

(God meets us
     in our deepest need,
even those longings
        and profound aches,
           hidden and invisible
        except to Him.
His steadfast love over us
  conquers anything we fear,
  both real and imagined.
What does it take
   for us to realize
      and to know that
                He is God?)

O LORD,
You are sovereign.
You are our Strength.
You surround us
   by Your steadfast love.
And we can rest
           in Your Presence,
   no matter what.
We are safe
           in Your abiding.
You are our refuge,
   not a place to hide,
but from which to go forth
   with strength
   and the name of Jesus.
Our circumstances
              may not change,
but we see all things
    with hearts changed by You,
  even in the midst of trouble.
Help us to know
and to point others to know
       that You are God.
Help others to see something different
                          in us.
   "Why are they not afraid?"
Let Your strength and shield
        be evident over us
    in these tumultuous times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.