Thursday, July 11, 2019

I will give thanks to the LORD
       with my whole heart;
I will recount all
       of Your wonderful deeds.

                   Psalm 9. 1

(On what do I dwell?
What I have
           or what I do not?
The hard stuff
  or the chronicle of
               His faithfulness?
Have I neglected
         to thank God?
Thanking the LORD
     is not basic manners,
but a heartfelt reminder to us
         of what He has done,
         in what He is doing.
Thanking Him
         brings Him glory
and points us--and others--
                    to Him.
Start counting.)

O LORD,
As we rise this morning,
   let it be to meet You
           and live in thankfulness
  for Your Presence in our lives.
We are thankful
            not just for stuff,
            or happy endings our way,
   or what appears successful
               or good or incredible,
but we are thankful for You
         --Who You are--
and that You are God
                and we are not.
Grant to us a grateful heart today
      for Your glory.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.