Wednesday, July 3, 2019

And I said,
"What shall I do, Lord?"
And the Lord said to me,
"Rise,
go into Damascus,
   and there you will be told
all that is appointed
           for you to do."

              Acts 22. 10

(One step of obedience
        leads to the next,
even when I don't know what,
even when it does not seem
                    to make sense.
Am I willing to follow the Lord
           into this day,
           in this place,
           into His appointments?
When I willing to be faithful to Him
       right where I am,
             in whatever I do,
       God changes everything,
        even my heart.)

O LORD,
We are so quick to look
             for open doors,
     for something different,
when we have not been faithful
   in Your appointments for us
                   right here.
We look for the extraordinary
        and miss the profound.
"What shall I do, Lord?"
   about everything before me
             in this day.
"What is Your way in this?"
"How do I navigate this differently
            because I am a believer?"
Help us to recognize Your voice
and respond to Your nudges,
            out of our love for You.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.