Wednesday, July 17, 2019

...for their duties,
small and great,
teacher and pupil alike.

             1 Chronicles 25. 8

(Whatever we do,
nothing is insignificant
         in honoring God,
   no exclusions.
Sometimes even on
            the smallest details
    hinges the most profound,
even on what is hidden
                      or invisible
is revealed at some
        unexpected moment
    the great hand of God on it.
The faithful know that.
That is how they live,
    not under the radar
              but for His glory.)

O LORD,
Help us to be faithful to You
     even in what appears
     to be inconsequential
              on an ordinary day
              in ordinary ways,
because I can trust You
    to fulfill Your purposes for my life,
        even in this.
My anchor is
   not in favorable circumstances,
   not in my feelings,
   not in the ever changing forecast,
but in Your steadfast love.
Work in me and through me
         for Your glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.