Wednesday, July 10, 2019

He did not seek guidance
          from the LORD.

           1 Chronicles 10. 14

(Never ends well.
Seeking God about a situation
    aligns our hearts with His
    and changes its trajectory.
What if
      I had come first about it
      before God?
How do I navigate this
                 differently
because I am a believer
and because
        I am listening to God?
What if
    I trusted Him about it?)

O LORD,
We seek You first thing
                in the morning
before every other distraction
    crowds into the room.
Help us to set our eyes on You
      and seek You
not just what to do,
not just looking for
         the latest new open door,
but walk with You on this path,
willing to let You
              to lead the way,
even right through
        the ordinary
which is never so ordinary
             at all in Your sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.