Tuesday, July 9, 2019

...for they cried out to God
                   in battle,
and He granted
          their urgent plea,
because
        they trusted in Him.

           1 Chronicles 5. 20

(The crying out to God part
      we can do pretty well.
It's the trusting God part
      we miss out on.
With what am I struggling
  that I need to trust God?
Everyone struggles with something.
Trusting God always results
   in a different trajectory
   and unexpected outcomes.
How do I navigate this,
approach this,
handle this,
walk through this,
treat others in this,
             differently
because I am a believer?)

O LORD,
We are the ones who
   should be trusting You.
But more often,
  we are the ones who
            are missing out.
What part of trust
      don't we understand?
You work
               and redeem
      in unexpected ways.
Am I willing to trust You
       in how You answer
       my cries for help?
We all struggle needlessly
   with what You never intended
   for us to carry alone.
Help me to trust You
                into this day,
          and into this fray.
Let my unlikely response
    bring You glory
    and point others to You.
And realize that trusting You
     points me to You as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.