Thursday, June 20, 2019

The LORD will fulfill
     His purpose for me;
Your steadfast love, O LORD,
         endures forever.
Do not forsake
     the work of Your hands.

                    Psalm 138. 8

(When I come before Him,
when I follow Him into it,
when I am faithful to Him,
God is already
      fulfilling His purposes,
His strategic design
                 for my life,
even in what I cannot yet see,
even when it is really hard,
always when I trust Him,
               even in this.
How does that impact
   what I do today
            and my attitude in it?)

O LORD,
I have seen too much
     to question You in this.
I know that when I am willing
for You to change my heart,
    You change my trajectory,
and bring me to a different side
            of Your glory.
Your purposes are so deep
     that I will never realize
     Your profound design in this,
     which is never just about me.
Just about my heart in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.