Saturday, June 29, 2019

His delight is
not in the strength of the horse,
nor His pleasure
   in the legs of a man,
but the LORD takes pleasure
   in those who fear Him,
in those who hope
          in His steadfast love.

                Psalm 147. 10-11

(Not in performance,
nor fleeting achievements,
nor in being the best,
    nor the unachievable perfect,
but standing assured in His grace
and in His steadfast love,
that on which I can stake my life
    and free to love Him
    every way I can.
For His glory in this,
              not my own.)

O LORD,
You call me to You.
Help me to bring blessing
and honor and glory
            to Your name today,
every word,
every action,
every all-prevailing attitude,
    (yes, even in that).
May Your deeper purposes
          be fulfilled,
because I will never see
the divine weight
              of Your glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.