Monday, June 24, 2019

And the servant said,
“Ah, my master!
     What shall we do?”
Elisha said,
“Do not be afraid,
for those who are with us
are more than those
       who are with them.”
Elisha prayed and said,
“O LORD, 
please open his eyes
     that he may see.”
So the LORD opened
the eyes of the young man,
and he saw, and behold,
the mountain was full
of horses and chariots of fire
          all around Elisha.

                   2 Kings 6. 15-17

(What shall we do?
“O LORD, open our eyes
to Your Presence with us
in this overwhelming situation.”
Awareness of His Presence 
changes my heart, my vision,
     and everything I do.
Fear just shuts out the light.
“Do not be afraid.
          I am with you.”)

O LORD,
Please open my eyes
      and my heart to You
in whatever I face today.
I don’t want to
            miss a thing.
You change
    far more than circumstances.
You redeem everything.
Open my heart
     and vision,
not just to the course of my day,
but the trajectory of my life.
For Your Glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.