Saturday, June 15, 2019

...for I have sent them.

                  Acts 10. 20

(Aware of daily
          divine appointments)

O LORD,
You have placed people in my life today,
those who are familiar to me,
those who are total strangers,
those whom I love,
those with whom I struggle,
even in what only appears
        as casual encounters
      or momentary meetings,
the expected and unexpected,
not one is
       an insignificant rendezvous.
Turn, I pray,
confrontations into conversations,
mere contacts into relationships,
                    all for Your glory.
No one slides randomly in or out of my life,
within my view or on my path,
--neighbors, colleagues,
  even the clerk at the store--
          but only by divine appointments,
                         only by Your hand.
I have no idea
           who I will meet today.
    But You arranged it all.
Please make me
extraordinarily aware of those around me
and love them into Your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.