Saturday, June 22, 2019

And Elisha said to her,
   "What shall I do for you?
Tell me;
   what do you have in the house?"
And she said,
"Your servant has nothing
                in the house
except a jar of oil."

               2 Kings 4. 2

(What is my very own
         jar of oil?
No matter how small,
no matter how ridiculous.
Not focusing
   on what I don't have,
   but what I do.
Not on what I can't do,
   but what I can.
God multiplies
    in unexpected ways.)

O LORD,
Thank You for what
              You have given.
Thank You for what
      You are doing with it.
Please grant to me
    a willing and faithful heart.
I can't do everything,
but I can do something.
And You, O LORD,
       multiply it,
more than I can ever know,
beyond what I can even see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.