Monday, February 27, 2023

 

Bring him to Me.
       Mark 9. 19

(Bring this difficult situation,
    this impossible relationship,
    this dilemma or desperation
                  before God.
Not just what we cannot
                handle on our own,
not just our anxieties and fears,
          but our hearts.
Have I laid this before Him?
That should be our first response,
                 not last resort.
Have I considered that
   God is doing something
     deeper than I can see?
What does God have to do
            with what is before me,
    with what is on my path today,
    with what is hurtling toward me?
Everything.)

O LORD,
Help us to bring these things
        and lay them at Your feet.
Help us even to drag
   what we cannot lift
                  or imagine,
that which pulls us
               away from You.
You call us
   to bring it to You.
May we listen and respond
  and walk with You.
Open our eyes
   not just to a new solution
             but to You.
You make all things new.
Even the familiar.
Even what we consider ordinary,
  which is never
  so ordinary after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.