Thursday, February 9, 2023

 

Blessed be the LORD,
for He has wondrously shown
    His steadfast love to me
when I was in a besieged city.
I had said in my alarm,
   "I am cut off from Your sight."
But You heard
   the voice of my pleas for mercy
when I cried to You for help.

                 Psalm 32. 21-22

(God does not promise
            our way will be easy,
but "Do not fear.
            I am with you."
Key words in this passage are
      "But You heard."
We do not need even to shout,
   because He is with us.
He is still here,
             even in this.
We may not see Him,
    but He sees us.
Trust Me in this.
We don't always realize His hand,
nor see His fruit,
nor grasp the immensity of His glory.)

O LORD,
We need not to drum up
         our own courage and strength,
    but rely on Yours.
You give us what we need
   to navigate differently,
   to approach another way,
   to persevere in hard places,
and to walk with You
          even in the unexpected.
Bring Your glory to it.
Align our hearts with Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.