Tuesday, November 23, 2021

 

This is the offering
that you shall make...

         Ezekiel 45. 13

(What if I viewed
this hardship,
these difficult people,
this tight spot,
this sacrifice of my time,
     talent and treasure,
this givenness,
the tight corners,
the upward slope,
this miry bog,
this plain old hard work
  that overflows its banks,
differently
   as an offering to God?
Am I willing
   to walk this path with God?
Am I willing for Him
   to use it for purposes
   beyond my vision?
Can I view it as worship?
Not just having a
       fresh attitude about it,
but a new heart.)
 
O LORD,
You never promised
that our path or life
would be easy,
but that You are with us
and You bring the strength.
Help us to see hard things
with new eyes
            and a new heart,
knowing that
      nothing is random
and no sacrifice
    is ever insignificant.
You are redeeming all things.
We just cannot see it yet.
Help us to know You more
    not just in the outcome
    but along the way.
Even in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.