Thursday, November 18, 2021

 

The hand of the LORD
    was upon me,
and He brought me out
in the Spirit of the LORD
and set me down
in the middle of the valley;
    it was full of bones...
And He said to me,
"Son of man,
        can these bones live?"
And I answered,
    "O Lord GOD,
             You know."

             Ezekiel 37. 1, 3

(What in the world
    am I doing here
in this barren, forsaken place?
The point is not what I see.
   It is what God knows.
God breathes life
      into the impossible.
God says,
"Now watch what I do with this."
His love and faithfulness
are not limited
     by what appears.
God redeems.
            Even this.)

O LORD,
Help us to see things
             differently today,
not as a place of despair
and difficulty and hardship.
But to look and respond differently
        as a believer in You.
Breathe Your power
     into this situation
     that appears lifeless.
Even among the dry bones,
   Your love and faithfulness
   change the landscape,
not just our view of it
   but Your reality in it.
O Lord God,
           You know.
Help us to be faithful
  even in what
  we do not yet see.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.