Saturday, November 13, 2021

 

A continual dripping
            on a rainy day
and a quarrelsome wife
            are alike...

          Proverbs 27. 15

(Have I even considered
     what I sound like?
Have I even considered
   what I am bringing
             to this situation
and how it is impacting
  everyone around
             and even me?
Grumbling
     never helps.)

O LORD,
Help us to consider
how powerfully our words
        influence others
and impact even our own attitudes.
Help us to see our words
    and responses
    as a huge witness
         of a transformed heart.
May our words
     bring Your light and peace
to a volatile situation
    or to a dark cloudy day.
Confirm Your Word in us
   that we may love others
                even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.