Tuesday, October 5, 2021

 ...for I have learned 

in whatever state I am in

          to be content.

I know how to be brought low,

and I know how to abound.

In any and every circumstance,

I have learned the secret

    of facing plenty and hunger,

    abundance and need.

I can do all things through Him

    who strengthens me.


                  Philippians 4. 11-13


(I have lived in a lot of different locations.

Some moves were a lot more difficult

                                than others.

And when this passage says

    "whatever state I am in,"

literally that meant a state,

even Tennessee, Ohio, Kansas,

        Iowa, and Illinois.

And God has shown me

that He strategically places us

               for our wellbeing

          and His glory

In any and every circumstance,

in any and every location,

"I am with you.")


O LORD,

Grant us Your strength

     to be content,

wherever You guide us today,

and to know that it is You

who transcend our feelings

with the reality of Your Presence. 

Help us to be a witness for You

in how we respond

to any and all circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.