Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Therefore I tell you,
do not be anxious
      about your life...
But seek first
the kingdom of God
    and His righteousness,
and all these things
  will be added to you.

            Matthew 6. 25-33

(Antidote to anxiety:
     seeking God,
not just an answer.
Have I even considered
bringing this matter,
this heavy burden,
this debilitating situation,
this deep ache,
even this "little thing,"
       before the LORD?
Seeking Him,
trusting Him,
and leaving it on the altar?
What part of
       do not be anxious
do we not understand?)

O LORD,
Whether the sharp cliffs
      on every side,
or the miry bog
  that threatens to
           swallow me alive,
You call to me,
    not even "bring it here,"
but "let Me help you with that."
Help me
   to seek You in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.