Thursday, January 16, 2020

Come to Me,
all who labor
and are heavy laden,
   and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you,
and learn from Me,
for I am gentle
        and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest
              for your souls.
For My yoke is easy,
    and My burden is light.

                 Matthew 11. 28-30

(God never intended for us
      to do life alone
               without Him.
He never promised
            life would be easy,
but "Fear not.
              I am with you."
"Trust Me
    and walk with Me
             through this."
Learn in the little details
      and little steps
how to make
      trusting God
      our default.
First response,
         not last resort.)

O LORD,
We struggle with so much,
and then realize
        that You are here.
Coming to You,
walking with You,
   does not just impact our direction,
or solve a big dilemma,
or fix the overwhelming problem,
or unload the heaviness,
but You
         transform our hearts.
There is a different way in this.
Coming to You,
walking with You,
   changes the trajectory of our lives,
every moment sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.