Saturday, January 11, 2020

"Save us, Lord;
    we are perishing."
And He said to them,
"Why are you afraid,
    O you of little faith?"
Then He rose and rebuked
    the winds and the sea,
and there was great calm.
And the men marveled,
saying,
"What sort of man is this,
that even the winds and sea
                      obey Him?"

                 Matthew 8. 25-27

(Anxiety,
panic,
worry,
stress
are covered over and over
                 in Scripture.
What part of
   "Fear not. I am with you."
don't we understand?
Our youngest daughter
once woke fearful
       in the darkness of the night.
I reached over and patted her.
"Oh, if I had known you were here,"
she said,
     "I wouldn't have been afraid.")
  
O LORD,
You are with us,
despite the storms all around.
This is not the end of my world,
  but just one of the exciting parts
              of Your narrative
              and my story.
Please help me
              to trust You through it.
Help me
   to take You at Your Word,
  "Fear not.  I am with you."
Even in this.
Help us to dwell on being blessed,
    not on being stressed.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.