Tuesday, November 15, 2022

 

Therefore lift your drooping hands
and strengthen your weak knees,
and make straight paths for your feet,
so that
what is lame may not be
          put out of joint
but rather be healed.

                 Hebrews 12. 12-13

(What efforts am I making
to increase strength and healing
in my heart
      and in my relationships?
Even Jesus said to the lame man,
            "Get up."
Am I lounging in my complaints
          and friends with misery?
Have I become comfortable
     with what has sidetracked me?
But our wounds do not define us.
     Our identity is in Christ.
     We are His beloved.
What can I do today
               towards healing?
Every step is profound.
As my friend Chris Davis says,
"The proof of desire
               is in the pursuit."
It doesn't just happen.)

O LORD,
We ask You for healing.
We ask You for the courage
     to seek Your strength
     and for Your newness,
even right where we are.
Help us to turn our eyes to You
    and practice over and over
what brings us
        in closer relationship to You.
You are our strength.
You are our healer.
Help us to be a testimony to others
         of a life transformed by You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.