Monday, November 21, 2022

 

I have stored up Your Word
              in my heart,
that I might not
           sin against You.

             Psalm 119. 11

(Stored up in my heart,
    not in my notebook.
Reading, meditating,
    memorizing, living it out,
       not just giving it a nod.
Every time we open God's Word,
     we cannot help
           but being changed by it,
     and everyone around us
              is infected.
Do we even consider His Word
         as a protection?
Not as an impenetrable shield,
       but a deeply saturated soul.
Through His Word,
  God does not turn me from sin.
             He changes my appetite.
He gives me strength
   to follow Him,
           to respond and love
           in impossible places,
the courage to push back
                the darkness,
  and to live out His Word.
These are not just words on a page,
    but the very Word of God.)

O LORD,
Penetrate our hearts with Your Word
   not just to avoid potholes
but to live out Your Word
        even in the turmoil around us.
Your Word does not just protect us,
    but protects others
    by how we choose to live with You.
Work Your Word in us this very day
   that You may be glorified.
Help us to approach difficulty
          with a new heart
  because we have spent time with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.