Wednesday, June 15, 2022

 

...because in him
there is found something
       pleasing to the LORD.

            1 Kings 14. 13

(May our hearts be what
   distinguishes our lives.
Am I seeking
    to be pleasing to God
               in this day,
        in this struggle,
        this difficult relationship,
        this miry bog?
Just because I love Him
   changes everything about me,
          what I do,
          what I walk toward,
          what I bring in my hands
              and my heart.
What specifically can I do
                         today
   that would reflect my heart
           and be fully pleasing
            to Him?
Be Mine in this.)

O LORD,
Help us to not just
         be mindful of You today,
but have the mind of Christ
   in all of our situations.
Not seeking answers
             or solutions,
   but seeking You.
We bring before You
   not just our problems
          and dilemmas,
but our hearts.
And sometime in this day,
  may Your voice
     infiltrate our thoughts
    to "be Mine in this."
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.