Wednesday, June 22, 2022

 

A joyful heart
    is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit
    dries up the bones.

              Proverbs 17. 22

(Which do I choose today?
It is not a matter of
    what circumstances I am in,
but how I choose
    to live differently in them.
My attitude directly impacts my day
   and everyone else around me.
God does not promise
     a change of circumstances
 but "Do not fear. I am with you."
God empowers us to
    respond with a new heart
when we walk with Him,
follow, serve and worship.
God directs us
     to find something new
   we never saw before.
And that would be His Presence.)

O LORD,
Help us to dwell in Your Presence,
no matter the circumstances,
to know that You have
          given us a story
          to point us to You
    and reveal Yourself
         to those around us.
What we see as weary
      and insignificant,
           You multiply
    into something amazing.
Almighty One,
  strengthen our souls,
  open our eyes,
and help us to know You more.
Even in the midst
          of this hard place,
we do not have to be
       enslaved by circumstances,
   but empowered by You.
You are right here with us.
You redeem.
   Help us to remember that.
You are here
              after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.