Saturday, March 19, 2022

 

For God alone,
         O my soul,
wait in silence,
for my hope is from Him.
He only
is my rock and my salvation,
               my fortress;
I shall not be shaken.

                   Psalm 62. 5-6

(For what do I wait?
For circumstances to change?
      Or waiting on God?
Hope is the Bible
  is not wishful thinking
that things will be different,
but knowing on Whom
we can stake our lives.
Though circumstances
     shatter or unravel,
our hope is not shaken.
We can trust Him.
This is not the end of the story,
but perhaps only the
   exciting part of the redeeming.
This life is not
              all there is.
When it comes down to it,
our hope,
our only hope is in God alone.
We all know that in our souls.
It is why in dire straits,
    all people cry out, "O God!")

O LORD,
May we trust in You
        at all times,
even when we don't understand,
even when we think we are
          at the end of our ropes.
You are here with us.
Help us to turn to You,
   to pray not to panic,
and to pour out our hearts
                   before You
   instead of complaining
   and grumbling to others.
You are our refuge.
Our witness in this situation
      is how we respond,
not to circumstances
                  but to You alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.