Tuesday, March 22, 2022

 

But He would withdraw
to desolate places
              and pray.

             Luke 5. 16

(Praying was a continual
and intentional practice
                  of Jesus.
How different our world would be,
how different this day would be,
how radically different we would be,
          if we did the same?
Praying should be our first response,
            not our last resort.
Praying shifts
   the tectonic plates of this world,
   including our hearts,
far more than we can imagine.
We may not know what to do,
   but praying ties on our shoes.)

O LORD,
May we not be reluctant
      to come before You
not just with needs
and requests
and cries for action,
and with our confessions,
          but with our praise,
even when we don't understand,
even before we see
            the outcome of this.
Order my day, O LORD,
   reorder my heart.
Guide my steps.
Direct my thoughts.
Align my heart with Yours.
Confirm Your Word
         in all I do and say.
Dwell in my heart today.
Help me to follow
            and run with You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.