Thursday, April 29, 2021

 

Serve the LORD
    with gladness.

     Psalm 100. 2

(Did it ever occur to me
    my attitude
    in serving God
in what He has
      placed before me?
Did it occur to me
          to serve Him
          with gladness?
Not "I have to,"
out of obligation
      or drudgery
      or earning His love,
but "I get to,"
   out of sheer love
               for Him.
God does incredible things
   with a new attitude
   to work with.
Same circumstances,
  completely different
  journey.
"Walk with Me.")

O LORD,
It is a delight to serve You.
We just don't recognize
   that all we do
   serves You
     in some capacity.
Trigger in us
a new heart and vision,
not just in the big stuff,
  but even in what
  we see as ordinary.
Because the smallest
action and response
can bring honor to You.
Show us how to
  approach what is
  before us,
not as an odious task,
but in the joy of serving You
and being used by You,
more than we
           can imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.