Monday, April 26, 2021

 

And he said to Him,
"Please, Lord,
how can I save Israel?
Behold, my clan is
   weakest in Manasseh,
and I am least
   in my father's house."
And the LORD said to him,
"But I will be with you."

                Judges 6. 15-16

("But I will be with you."
And that makes
    the ultimate difference,
not our own power
or ability
or special talents
or achievements.
But God.
Throughout Scripture
and throughout history,
God chooses the most
        unlikely candidates
who already know it is
by God's Almighty hand
     and not their own.
"I can't do this."
And God replies,
"Exactly.
That's why I chose you."
I am not in this alone.
And I have no idea
  the magnitude
  of what God is doing.)

O LORD,
Help us to not just
     be aware of You,
but sensitive and
responsive to Your Presence.
As we enter into this day
and this week,
help us to be faithful
             to You alone,
in what You have
  placed before us,
our work,
our attitudes,
our struggles,
the big rocks
   and the pebbles.
Help us to
     build an altar to You
                over it
to bring honor to You
and gain our strength
     from You alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.