Friday, April 30, 2021

 

I will walk with integrity
of heart within my house;
I will not set
       before my eyes
anything that is
               worthless.

         Psalm 101. 2-3

(The key word here is
        anything.
Am I willing
to walk away,
put down,
turn off
   even in the middle
   of a sentence,
to choose
   not to pursue
or even let in the door?
What is it
       doing to me?
All things are lawful,
but not all things
        are helpful.)

O LORD,
Help us in our practices
and patterns
and pursuits
to honor You
even in these daily choices,
even in what has
       become so familiar
that we don't think about it.
Please help us to
have the courage
     and wisdom
to walk away
when these behaviors
clutter up our lives,
cling to us,
and distract us from You,
from what You are doing,
from following You fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.