Saturday, September 28, 2019

So shall My Word be
that goes out from My mouth;
it shall not return to Me empty,
but it shall accomplish
      that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing
      for which I sent it.

                       Isaiah 55. 11

(When I study God's Word,
it infiltrates my heart,
enlarges my vocabulary,
and penetrates
      even daily conversation.
God's Word invades the soul,
sends down roots
and bears fruit,
   even in the most barren landscape,
even in those who don't recognize
           it is the Word of God.)

O LORD,
Thank You for Your Word.
Invade our hearts
   with Your truth, Your grace,
   not just knowledge of You,
          but knowing You.
May Your Word
   go forth even in the ordinary
and work powerfully Your purposes.
We cannot but know
   that Your Word
                changes everything.
Even us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.