Thursday, September 26, 2019

Be kind to one another,
tenderhearted,
forgiving one another,
as God in Christ forgave you.

                 Ephesians 4. 32

(How do I approach
      this volatile relationship,
this difficult situation,
     this impossible person?
Being forgiven by God
  directly impacts
  my relationship with others.
I cannot but be
           changed by Him.
No matter what.
What can I do?
What is the very first step?
       Forgive and be kind.
God's loving purposes
   prevail beyond the obvious.)

O LORD,
I have no idea what to do,
        but I can be kind,
even to those who have wronged me,
even to those I don't even like.
I don't know how to handle this,
        but I can forgive,
                     and love them,
let go of the bitterness,
not just moving on
           but walking with them.
You are working Your purposes
              through this.
Your love and forgiveness
        change the outcome
                         completely.
This is just yet another opportunity
         to practice grace
and to love others
                     to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.