Wednesday, September 4, 2019

...be joyful,
for this will go with him
in his toil
through the days of his life
that God has given him
            under the sun.

           Ecclesiastes 8. 15

(Has it occurred to me
     to be joyful in this?
The task may not change,
but a joyful heart
changes the journey,
how I do the work,
    and always the outcome.
Joy impacts everyone 
               around me.
How do I approach this
                differently 
because I am a believer?)

O LORD,
Your joy
is what gives me strength,
not impervious to circumstances,
      but all the more
      responsive to them.
Fill each of us with Your joy
that we can seek to do
all the good we are able,
             even in this.
Please help us 
     to choose Your joy
and to bring You the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.